<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Buyer's Remorse
[The Story of One Man's Battle With His House]

The Author

AIM [balatus84]
E-Mail [Flood My Inbox]

Links



Visitors Since 9/17/04:

Free Hit Counter


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


Ker-F**K
[1:08 PM]

Well, I finally got someone set up through HWA to come out and look at the septic. Turns out the guy that came out only was there to pump out the tank, not sure what that would fix.

The upshot is, he was able to identify the inlet pipe in the tank. It was covered in tree roots, of course. He cleaned it off, and we agreed it would be worth it to run some water down there and see what happened. Well, as it filled up the basement there was only a trickle coming into the tank, which means the line has likely collapsed.

So, I started excavating my septic line by hand. I found it after about 3 hours of digging. At the tank, it's 3' underground. The 100' run back to the house goes into a hill, which means I get down to about 8' up by the house.

Hey, the upshot of all of this is that I get to operate a backhoe. What self-respecting man would pass up THAT opportunity?

Got something to say?